The 11th hole was altered in 1957, playing from a new tee to the existing green and changing from a longer, straighter, uphill par 4 to a sharp left-hand dog leg around some 60 year-old pine trees.
While longer hitters have been known to drive the green, the more sensible play is to play to the corner of the dog leg and leave a short iron to the green.
Another result of the 1957 alterations was that the two classic, Harry Colt-style, original bunkers which guarded the green became redundant. These were replaced with two smaller bunkers. One day the hole may benefit should the original, classic bunkers be returned to play.
|325 Yds Par 4 SI 14||318 Yds Par 4 SI 14||306 Yds Par 4 SI 8|